How To Get Rid of Dust Mites
There is a golden rule — to win a battle, you must know first the enemy. It is true enough even on keeping a home safe from harmful effects of dust in a house.
As many have known, dust mites stay in humid environments and feed on shed skin. They prefer warm temperatures, poorly ventilated areas and rooms with indoor air pollution such as cigarette smoke.
Here are some tips to get rid of dust mites:
1. It is imperative to clean the house regularly. This will prevent the accumulation of dust and dust mites.
2. Do not smoke or allow smoking inside the house, or walk around the house while eating.
3. Avoid bringing dirty shoes inside.
4. Avoid carpets, draperies and upholstered furniture.
5. Minimize decorative items or collectibles on display.
6. Avoid open shelves.
7. Keeps closet doors closed.
8. Vacuum frequently.
9. Mop the floor.
10. Keep pets away from the bedroom.
11. Use special covers to seal mattresses and pillows.
To prevent dust from accumulating, here are some helpful notes:
– Be aware that open windows, carpets, curtains, TV, computers, books, magazines, pets, furniture and appliances, pillows, etc. can worsen the dust problem.
– City living, especially by the road or near a construction site, increases dust in home.